A JOURNEY OF 3,200 MILES
America’s healthcare strategy should be focused on every person having the opportunity to live to his or her health potential, and encourage healthy lifestyles to prevent and reverse disease and optimize health.
Follow the 3,200 mile walk across America for health equity and a healthier America that began September 12, 2022, and continues for the second leg, August 29, 2023.
We hope YOU will support the walk! Together we can take a stand in helping to create a more just system where ALL Americans have the opportunity to be healthy!
WALK USA FOR HEALTHY EQUITY
Support a healthier and more equitable future with this premium t-shirt. Its lightweight and breathable sport-tek, synthetic fabric ensures unrivaled comfort. Whether you’re running, walking, or engaging in meaningful conversations, this shirt will help in spreading the message of change
HEALTH FOR ALL
A JOURNEY TOWARDS HEALTH EQUITY
Embark on an incredible journey with Dr. Dennis Godby, a Naturopathic Doctor and social justice advocate, as he walks 3,200 miles across the United States to raise awareness for health equity in America.
Join Dr. Godby in this inspiring, informative book as he advocates for every American to have the opportunity to be optimally healthy while sharing his message of hope, determination, and change.
Services We Offer
Health equity is achieved when every person has the opportunity to “attain his or her full health potential” and no one is “disadvantaged from achieving this potential because of social position or other socially determined circumstances.” Health inequities are reflected in differences in length of life; quality of life; rates of disease, disability, and death; severity of disease; and access to treatment.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR HEALTH EQUITY AND NATURAL MEDICINE!
- Contact organizations: Churches, Fraternal organizations, like Rotary and and Lyon’s, Poor People's Campaign, Universities
- Contact people you know along route in Tennessee (Knoxville); Kentucky (Lexington, Frankfort, Louisville); Indiana (Columbus, Franklin, Indianapolis, West Lafayette, Valparaiso); Illinois (Chicago); Wisconsin (Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee). See attached route/itinerary.
- Contact: FB groups involved in walking, running, health equity, Blacks/Hispanics for Health, etc.
- Contact: Health Equity and Social Justice organizations on/near route and around the country
- Contact: Health Professionals along the route and all 50 states to support
- Contact: Nutritional supplement and lab companies involved with Naturopathic/Functional Medicine
- Contact: Public Officials, Governors, Mayors, City Council, State and national legislators
- Contact: Superintendent of Schools along the way who may want to host event/guest speaker in classroom
- Event Coordinator: Organize events in town and cities, along the route, or just your town, on the day WUHE passes through
- Graphics: Synthetic, reflective t-shirts, postcards, publicity materials; Social media; print campaigns
- Handouts: Make healthy lifestyle educational handouts for WUHE website and for mass distribution
- Logistical help on the route, walkers, scheduling, safety
- Media: Contact local, regional national, and make press releases
- Official Proclamations from mayors, governors, city councils for the day WUHE passes through
- Social Media help: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Walk through towns on Knoxville-Milwaukee route and ask others to join.
- Writers and editors.
- Your ideas